Facilities Planning has established a project-planning process to address the need for well-coordinated project development that enables proper review by senior administration and Facilities Planning of projects that are consistent with university priorities. In a time of limited resources, every project requires detailed review, analysis, justification and connection to the university’s Master Plan.
The need for high-quality university space is significant due to considerable growth in programs, research and enrollment. While this growth requires new facilities, it also requires upgrades to existing facilities to meet teaching, research and student-life goals.
The primary objective of the project-planning process is to improve the project-initiation phase by providing clear scope and program definition, which will expedite a project’s planning and approval process.
If your department has a project idea that it would like to pursue, please complete the Project Request Form. After completing the form, including all required signatures, the requester should send the form to the Office of the Provost. The Office of the Provost reviews and prioritizes the projects quarterly.
Once Provost approval has been granted on a project request, Facilities Planning will contact the originating department and begin work. Facilities Planning will assist with establishing project scope and balancing the proposed project with the university’s master plan.
Adherence to this process assures all projects will be guided by:
- Professionally developed facility programs, budgets and schedules
- Licensed professionals who have been selected in accordance with established policies and procedures of Ole Miss
- Applicable design standards and guidelines of Ole Miss
- Applicable regulatory requirements for buildings, building systems, life safety and accessibility for individuals with disabilities
- Applicable image and character guidelines to create and maintain consistency of appearance
- Applicable comprehensive and/or land-use master plans
- Reviews and recommendations by the provost, chancellor and board of trustees at selected stages of project development