Chad Hunter, AIA
Associate University Architect
Chad began his career as an apprentice carpenter in Louisiana and South Mississippi, working on general construction projects up to $10 million. After graduating from the Mississippi State University School of Architecture with a Bachelor of Architecture, he gained his architectural license and worked for 10 years as a project architect for two architectural firms in Mississippi, managing projects up to $40 million.
Chad was named associate university architect at Ole Miss in 2006. His daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the university to coordinate and review capital building projects with outside professionals to maintain campus standards and aesthetics
- Reviewing/approving all modifications to campus buildings through the SAP work order system
- Acting as project architect for internal university projects up to $3.5 million
- Obtaining proposals for and managing small construction projects up to $50,000
- Overseeing document management/filing for campus buildings
- Managing department staff in document production and daily tasks
- Assisting university departments with space planning, programming, facility studies and project budgets
- Conducting code reviews
- Managing general projects
Chad is a licensed architect in the state of Mississippi, member of the American Institute of Architects and holds National Council of Architectural Registration Boards certification.